• No school Friday-teacher make-up day
  • ISASPS Tuesday and Wednesday
  • Girls soccer vs. Jefferson @home-Tuesday (postponed due to weather)
  • Walk it out next Saturday-North band room

Kiera
Kiera Crowe
FOJ Intern

(she/her) Kiera is a sophomore and this is her first year being a part of the yearbook. She likes to bake, travel and spend time with loved ones.

Fashion Friday: Kelsey and Kasey Baller ’15

West Side Story: How would you describe your style?

Kelsey Baller ‘15: I don’t really have a specific one. I like to be creative.

Kasey Baller ‘15: I like to do what people aren’t doing at the moment. I don’t really care what people think about what I wear. I like to be creative and kind of modern, but I also like the older styles a bit. I just wear a little bit of everything

baller (2)

WSS: Where do you shop in the surrounding area?

Kelsey: Forever 21 definitely. That’s my favorite store, that’s where I go.

Kasey: I like Forever 21 and Tommy Hilfiger.

baller (4)

WSS: Where do you shop outside of the surrounding area?

Kelsey: I like PacSun because we don’t have that in our mall anymore.

Kasey: I buy a lot of shoes on DSW online because we have one in Des Moines but not close.

WSS: What’s some advice to help students find their style?

Kelsey: Don’t care what other people think about your outfits. Just be different with it.

Kasey: I would say wear what you like to wear but try to change it up a bit so it’s a little more high fashion.

WSS: What’s a go to outfit for you?

Kelsey: I love leggings. I like combat boots usually, I usually have some sort of overcoat [or] cardigan of some sort.

Kasey: I just like cute plain shirts and then I like to wear it with some cute shoes or a big necklace or scarf.

baller (6)

WSS: What’s your favorite piece of clothing?

Kelsey: Probably leggings. They’re comfy and they go with everything.

Kasey: My favorite would have to be this jean jacket I have. It’s not really jean, it looks like jean but it’s just a thicker material and it’s kind of washed out.

WSS: What’s your favorite accessory?

Kelsey: I really like scarves and rings are good too

Kasey: I like rings and I also like things to put in your hair like hair bows or headbands.

Kelsey Baller

WSS: Where do you get fashion inspiration?

Kelsey: I look a lot at instagram pages of fashion and stuff and also magazines and places like that

Kasey: I like Heidi Klum’s fashion a lot. I also go in teen vogue magazine and I take their outfits because a lot of times they have really high fashion stuff and I just make it kind of not as high fashion

WSS: What’s your favorite season for clothing?

Kelsey: I definitely love fall because the temperature changes so you can wear cold stuff and [warmer] attire

Kasey: I like summer a lot because it just seems there are more fun clothes during the summer

WSS: What is a fashion no-no?

Kelsey: Changing it up you should do definitely.

Kasey: Don’t get too crazy with your patterns

WSS: How has your style changed over the years?

Kelsey: I’ve definitely gotten a little bit more creative. I guess I really don’t care as much as I did when I was younger about what people think of my outfits.

Kasey: I try to make my stuff more high fashion than it used to be. I don’t want to dress too plain and I have a lot of variety of clothes.

Kacey Baller

WSS: How does your lifestyle influence your style?

Kelsey: My brother really likes fashion a lot and I don’t do track like she does and so he kind of influences me to dress a little better and so I have more time to pick out my outfits all year round.

Kasey: During sports seasons I do track and it’s really busy. I normally take a lot of time to pick out my clothes and during seasons I don’t have a ton of time to do it so my outfits are more like what I pick out in the morning.

WSS: How does your style reflect your personality?

Kelsey: I like to wear darker colors and I wouldn’t say my personality is really dark but my personality can be different.

Kasey: I always like to be moving around and going places, and so I’m always dressed for the event I’m at.

kelseyandkacey

WSS: How does your twin affect your style?

Kelsey: If I’m having trouble with what I should wear, I go to her, I take her clothes. If I’m not really sure what I should wear I always ask what she’s wearing to kind of help me go off of that

Kasey: I do not like to dress like her at all so if she comes out wearing something similar to me, I’ll go change my clothes. I wouldn’t say she really influences my style more than I just try to not look like her.

$1400
$1000

Nick Deerberg
Nick Deerberg, Photographer
Nick enjoys music, gaming, and skateboarding. Between playing music with his band and grinding levels in Diablo, he finds time to take pictures for West Side Story.
$1400
$1000