• No school Friday-teacher make-up day
  • ISASPS Tuesday and Wednesday
  • Girls soccer vs. Jefferson @home-Tuesday (postponed due to weather)
  • Walk it out next Saturday-North band room

Celia is a sophomore at West. She is so excited to be a FOJ Intern this year.

Students react: musical festivals

Students react: musical festivals

By Leola Ekocoolart

This upcoming spring and summer, music festivals like Coachella and Lollapolooza will take over and have people scrambling for tickets  to see their favorite artists. However, Bennet Luethje ‘15 has decided to strain from such domestic music events. Luethje is planning to  attend a music festival in Naeba, Japan. “It’s a three day festival offering all different types of music from techno to country,” he said. “I  will camp out in a ski resort called Fuji Rock. Some of the artists [that will be making an appearance this year] are Muse, Of Monster and  Men and Jack Johnson. Some big name artists that have performed here previously are Oasis, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Stripes, Arctic  Monkeys, Foster the People, Coldplay, and Franz Ferdinand.”

Also, students have attended music festivals in the U.S., not as widely known as others, Callie Linebarger ’15 attended a music festival in  Wisconsin this past summer. She enjoyed not only the music, but also the benign environment. “The atmosphere is wonderful and  everyone is all about love and the community. It’s something you have to experience at least once to truly understand,” she said.

$1400
$1000

$1400
$1000

Students react: musical festivals