• Bring in donations for the Student Senate Food Drive, Nov. 27-Dec. 22.

Teacher Holly Robinson promoted to Chief Petty Officer of United States Navy

After months of specialized training and dedication, Holly Robinson was promoted to Chief Petty Officer (CPO) of United States Navy on Sept. 16.

Alyson Kuennen, News Editor and Photographer

U.S. Navy CPO is equivalent in rank to a Master Sergeant in the Air Force, Sergeant First Class in the Army, CPO in the Coast Guard and Gunnery Sergeant of the Marine Corps. Despite these high rankings however, Chief Robinson remained humble and gracious when congratulated.

Standing at perfect attention for two hours this past Saturday, Sept. 16, social studies teacher Holly Robinson was one of 14 men and women to receive a promotion to CPO of United States Navy. The pinning ceremony was held at the Naval Station Great Lakes in Chicago, Illinois, and gave prominence to not only Chief Robinson’s talent shown in months of specialized training, but of the dedication and commitment she has for the United States.

A humble celebration was held by fellow teacher and good friend Gary Neuzil on Sept. 18 at the end of the day for faculty members and students alike to stop by and give their congratulations.

“I went to the naval base to see the pinning ceremony for Chief Officer in the Navy [which] is very special . . . and the amount of respect and admiration they (Chief Robinson’s officers) shared with me towards Holly’s work and becoming Chief Petty Officer just demonstrates her dedication to our nation,” Neuzil said. “I just appreciate her as a friend, but also as a member of the armed services.”