Anna Song 25
Anna Song
Print Assistant Design Editor

(she/her) Anna Song is a junior at West High School and is excited for her second year on the West Side Story staff. This year she will be the assistant design editor on print staff. Outside the newsroom,...

Volleyball team aces regionals, moves on to state

Through the emotional drainage and physical loss of teammate Caroline Found ‘12 the West High Volleyball team has done it again. After beating Des Moines Roosevelt (26-24, 25-17, 25-15) and Cedar Rapids Washington (25-11, 25-10, 25-16), both in only three games, the team qualified yet again for the state tournament. According to Senior Shelly Stumpff ’12 the team isn’t feeling too worried about their upcoming games, “(We have) a little more pressure (on us) but at the same time teams know they are going against the defending state champs so they have more pressure than us,” said Stumpff. But just because the team has the confidence does not mean they are under estimating the importance of the tournament, “I am excited because we want this so bad. We have worked hard all season for this,” said Olivia Fairfield ’12, a four time varsity letter winner in the sport. While the team will be put to the test physically during their last few upcoming games they will also be playing for a little more, “we’re excited to prove that we deserve our number one ranking and we want to win it for Line, It was her dream to be a two time state champion, we want it for Line,” said Kelley Fliehler ’12.

The West High volleyball team celebrates after their win against Des Moines Roosevelt
View Comments (1)
$1400
$1000

$1400
$1000

Comments are Closed.