Netflix+has+added+a+feature+to+show+what+the+most+popular+movies+and+shows+are+in+the+country+youre+in.+

Abby McKeone

Netflix has added a feature to show what the most popular movies and shows are in the country you’re in.

Movies/Shows

“You”: January

“You” first premiered back in 2018 on the channel Lifetime, and then started streaming on Netflix a few months later. The first season was based on the novel written in 2014 by Caroline Kepnes. With its massive success on Netflix, a second season was released in December of 2019 as a Netflix Original, and a third is set to arrive in 2021.

“Parasite”: January-February

The movie “Parasite” received 4 Oscars: Best Picture, Directing, International Feature Film, and Writing (Original Screenplay) for the 2020 Oscars. Alongside taking the most awards, the comedy thriller also was the first non-English language film to win the Best Picture award.

Promotional art for “Tenet.”

“Tenet”: September-December

Written and directed by Christopher Nolan, the movie “Tenet” tells the story of a secret agent traveling back in time to prevent the start of World War III. The action sci-fi film was released in September and was well acclaimed by most, but others preferred previous work by the director, such as “The Dark Knight.”

“The Mandalorian”: October-December

“The Mandalorian” was released late last year alongside Disney+ and was loved by many. Set in the Star Wars universe, the first live action series in the franchise won 7 Emmys and had 15 nominations. With the second season coming to a close this year, a third season was revealed to premiere for Christmas of 2021. 

$1400
$1000