• Walk it out- Saturday in Auditorium
  • Girls soccer vs. Wash- Tuesday @home
  • Drake Relays this weekend- Drake Stadium
  • Class president elections later this week
  • Choir trip to Chicago- Thursday-Saturday

Kiera
Kiera Crowe
FOJ Intern

(she/her) Kiera is a sophomore and this is her first year being a part of the yearbook. She likes to bake, travel and spend time with loved ones.

West Side Story staff wins 14 writing, design, multimedia and photo awards from IHSPA

The West Side Story won 14 awards in the Iowa High School Press Association’s writing, design and photography contest. Ten students received first place awards. Ashton Duncan ’13 received first place in the infographic category for her “Revenue Purpose Statement Visual Presentation.” Duncan also received second place in the local column category for her column titled “Trash.” Leela Sathyaputri ’14 received first place in the news magazine cover category for her cover art titled “The New Normal” and for her illustration titled “Caught in the Web.” Sathyaputri also received honorable mention in the editorial cartooning category for her cartoon titled “Jailbook Blues.” Pombie Silverman ’13 received first place in the sports story category for her article titled “Born to Run.” Fiona Armstrong-Pavlik ’14, Meredith Cullen ’14, Hannah Muellerleile ’14, Julia Shriver ’13 and Jaycie Weathers ’15 received first place in the digital media story category for “Arts and entertainment for your spring break.” Muellerleile also received honorable mention in the sports photo category for her photo titled “In high spirits.” Valerie Hsieh ’16 received first place in the video story category for her video on the India Association of Iowa City Harvest Festival.

Kaitlyn McCurdy ’14 received second place in the infographic category for her Fast Facts graphic. Amelia Moser ’14 received second place for her news story titled “Election Connection.” The West Side Story’s social media accounts received second place. Audrey Hopewell ’15, Kelsey Keranen ’16 and Julia Truszkowski ’14 received second place in the digital media story category for “The art of self-expression.”

Juliann Skarda ’13 received third place in the news story category for her article titled “Distributing Diversity.”

Abbie Skemp ’14 received honorable mention in the feature photo category for her photo titled “Shades of Devotion.” Jaeho Lee ’14 received honorable mention in the video story category for his video profile on science teacher Jeff Conner.

View Comments (3)
$1400
$1000

$1400
$1000

Activate Search