“Perseverance is a big thing. A lot of people when they pick up a new instrument, especially when they have been playing an instrument for a long time, kinda expect themselves to be really good at it. They just give up. That was kind of like me, when I tried to learn the flute. I kinda gave up, but that was also because I didn’t have any motivation to actually play the flute. With the mellophone, I actually understood that, it’s basically like starting back in fifth grade. Sure, I might be able to make progress a lot faster, to mature, but the big think is to keep practicing, and the cliche stuff, like your’re not going to see improvement in a day of two.” -Chen-You Wu ’20

Chen-You Wu ’20

"Perseverance is a big thing. A lot of people when they pick up a new instrument, especially when they have been playing an instrument for a long time, kinda expect themselves to be really good at it. They just give up. That was kind of like me, when I tried to learn the flute. I kinda gave up, but that was also because I didn't have any motivation to actually play the flute. With the mellophone, I actually understood that, it's basically like starting back in fifth grade. Sure, I might be able to make progress a lot faster, to mature, but the big think is to keep practicing, and the cliche stuff, like your're not going to see improvement in a day of two." -Chen-You Wu '20

$1400
$1000