WSS+has+compiled+some+spooky+horror+stories+from+the+internet+and+students+for+you+to+read+in+celebration+of+Halloween.+

Cassandra Michaels

WSS has compiled some spooky horror stories from the internet and students for you to read in celebration of Halloween.

5 spooky, scary, horror stories for Halloween

With COVID-19 still circling through Iowa, many are hesitant about letting their kids go trick or treating. Even if they do decide to go, there will still be safety precautions that kids and parents will have to follow. Although this Halloween may not be the same as years past, we can still have an exciting and spine chilling Halloween, and WSS is here to help. So, without further ado, here are five spooky horror stories to read in celebration of Halloween.

Aren’t You Glad You Didn’t Turn on the Lights

This story is from: Liveabout Dotcom.  “Two dormmates in college were in the same science class. The teacher had just reminded them about the midterm the next day when one dorm mate—let's call her Juli—got asked to this big bash by the hottest guy in school. The other dorm mate, Meg, had pretty much no interest in going and, being a diligent student, she took notes on what the midterm was ab...

The Slit Mouth Woman

Kuchisake onna (The Slit Mouth Woman) is a terrifying Japanese urban legend of a vengeful spirit that attacks people at night. It was a cold winter day and I had just finished my studying at the library. My breath froze as I started walking back to her home. I strolled past clear, empty streets as the yellow street lights flickered on and off.  I walked home from studying almost every night but for s...

12:06

This story is from a collection of Reddit stories from BuzzFeed  “The last thing I saw was my alarm clock flashing 12:07 before she pushed her long rotting nails through my chest, her other hand muffling my screams. I sat bolt upright, relieved it was only a dream, but as I saw my alarm clock read 12:06, I heard my closet door creak open.”...

Yeeeeees?

This story is also from a collection of Reddit stories/Creepypastas from Thought Catalog. “When I was a child my family moved to a big old two-floor house, with big empty rooms and creaking floorboards. Both my parents worked so I was often alone when I came home from school. One early evening when I came home the house was still dark. I called out, 'Mum?' and heard her sing song voice say '...

Horror stories from West students

Jade Spicher '23 “In my neighborhood on Halloween there was always this house that would scare kids. He was an older man that would do different things each year, like one year he pretended to be a decoration and then would chase kids with a chainsaw down the street," said Jade Spicher '23. "He got better at knowing that kids knew where his house was so he would hide in a pile of leaves and jum...

$1385
$1000