C Dawg out

Nearing the end of my senior year of high school, I am now looking back on my previous years and reflecting on how much I have grown and changed. In just four short years, I’ve gone from a freshman with braces, bangs and glasses to a senior ready to walk across the stage. During those years full of face masks and uncertainty, I always found a home in West High journalism. Since my first day in Foundations of Journalism, I knew this was something I could see myself doing for a long time. It helped me decide which college I wanted to attend and what major I wanted to pursue. It’s provided me with so much stability, something that I know will be there for me through every stage of my life.

Most of all, though, journalism gave me some of my best friends whom I know will outlast graduation. That is truly what I am most thankful for, and while it is impossible to express words to each and every person, a few deserve a shoutout. To Owen, my mentor and role model for the longest time, who always has and continues to show me up in everything he does. To Zoe, my mentee and amazing friend, I cannot wait to see what you do with this publication next year, I know it will be amazing. For Krisha, seven years of friendship and I have never gotten tired of your presence. I could not have asked for a better copilot this year. Finally, for Alaina, Big Al, one of my best friends in the entire world, I know I can always count on you to give me a shoulder to cry on, whether it be tears of joy, laughter or sadness. I truly could not have asked for a better team and support system, so thank you my friends, thank you West High and thank you West Side Story. It’s been a pleasure. C Dawg out.

$1400
$1000