Natalie Dunlap

The vandalized car was towed at approximately 2 p.m. in the Liberty High parking lot.

Senior prank sparks police involvement

Several students from the class of 2019 brought a vandalized car onto West High property and then drove it to Liberty High, where the police became involved.

May 23, 2019

Before

For their annual senior prank, four members of the class of 2019 drove a graffitied car onto West’s central courtyard. The car was covered in expletives and insults geared towards Liberty High School.

Zac Moore ’19, one of the students in the group that organized the prank, says they acted after previous senior pranks had fallen through. 

“[My friends and I] took the lead and said this is what we are doing and went with it. The problem with all of the pranks we planned before were that not everyone took the lead,” he said.

The car, originally a silver Chevy Lumina, was purchased off of Facebook Marketplace for $350. The funds for the car came mainly from the prank’s organizers, with a few contributions from the rest of the senior class. The car was then decorated by various members of the class of 2019 this past week.

By the beginning of third period, the car was driven off of the courtyard and was reportedly headed to Liberty High School.

This article was updated at approximately 10:00 p.m. on May 23, 2019.