Sachiko Goto

Collage of Hribar’s fashion inspo pintrest board with Hribar front and center.

Fashion Friday: Danie Hribar

For the first Fashion Friday of the school year, Danie Hribar ‘22 gives us some insight to what’s behind her style.

Danie Hribar’s ’22, sense of style primarily developed during quarantine, when there was plenty of time and exposure to diverse fashion.

Sachiko Goto

“I had absolutely no style freshman year, and then I didn’t really find my style until… I was exposed to different subcultures of fashion,” Hribar said. “I mostly found my style [during] quarantine through TikTok and just whatever was trending, and then I just branched out from there.”

Two examples of Hribar’s sources for fashion inspiration are Misa from the show “Death Note” and @enyaumanzor on Instagram.

“I just take elements from all of my different inspirations and just put it into one outfit,” Hribar said. 

Some of these elements include lace, crosses, rosaries and velvet black fabric as well as colors like pink, black, white and red. When asked to describe her style, Hribar views it to be a culmination of all different kinds of subgenres.

It’s kind of a mix of 2000s fashion with a bunch of current subcultures and different alternative styles.

— Danie HriBar

Sachiko Goto

“It’s kind of a mix of 2000s fashion with a bunch of current subcultures and different alternative styles,” Hribar said.

Hribar describes how she creates her looks.

“I usually start with a statement piece. And then I build around it… that way you have something cool [to start out with], because if you start with a basic outfit… it might just be a boring outfit in the end,” Hribar said.

She sees fashion as a way for her to show who she is without having to say anything. 

“I like exuding confidence, even though I’m naturally a more quiet person. I think it’s a nice juxtaposition to be all out there with what I wear, to show that I am confident, because I don’t really talk that much,” Hribar said.

Sachiko Goto

I think it’s a nice juxtaposition to be all out there with what I wear, to show that I am confident, because I don’t really talk that much.

— Danie Hribar

Ultimately, fashion acts as a way for Hribar to express what’s not immediately obvious about her at first glance.

“If I didn’t dress the way I dress, I feel like you couldn’t tell who I was just by seeing me, so I like to dress to kind of show off who I am…. You just have to look at me to tell.”

$1385
$1000