• Have a good summer Trojans!

Zoe Smith 24
Zoe Smith
Editor-in-Chief

(she/her) Zoe Smith is a senior and entering her third and final year on staff. She is so excited to be this year's Web Editor-in-Chief. Although you can usually find her in the newsroom; you may also...

Little Women performed by ICON

Iowa Conservatory (ICON) performed their annual musical, Little Women.
Carter Birch Houchins-Witt
The Iowa Conservatory (ICON) performed their production of Little Women at the James Theatre May 16-18.

The Iowa Conservatory (ICON) performed their production of Little Women at the James Theatre on the 16-18 of May. Students from West performed in it featuring Jack Rippentrop ’27 as Laurie, Ella Vakiner ’26 as Amy and Maya Hannah ’26 as Meg, in addition to Xion Owens-Holst ’24, Oliver Miller ’25 and Grace Bartlett ’25. Andreas Warren ’24 was also a stage manager and Assistant Director for the production.

Little Women is a musical based on a book written by Louisa May Alcott in 1868. The musical Little Women is about four sisters from 1863-1866, and takes place mostly in the house of the sisters in the past in Concord, Massachusetts, in addition to a boarding house in the present, being 1866 here, in New York, New York.

The James Theatre opened in June of 2022, with the goal of making a dynamic enough space to present music, dance, music and theater, especially small arts. The next show performing at the James Theatre will be Artemisia, June 27-30, sponsored by Dreamwell Theatre. Artemisia is a comedy centered around the relationship between two characters in a cab in New York, New York.

ICON is a boarding school that offers education on arts for grades eight through twelve dedicated to caring, innovation and perseverance. They do one play and one musical per year. ICON also offers half day programs that can be done by students at West. ICONs mission statement is, “To provide students with a safe, interdisciplinary, and holistic arts education with a focus on designing a path specific to each learner’s personal artistic goals.”