Drum Majors walk on to the field to begin the performance.
Gianna Liu

West High’s first Corridor Marching Classic

On Wednesday, Oct. 16, the Trojan Marching Band performed in the third annual Corridor Marching Classic, marking this year as the first that West has chosen to participate.

On Oct. 16, the Trojan Marching Band traveled to Liberty High School to play in the Corridor Marching Classic alongside marching bands from West Branch, West Liberty, Clear Creek Amana, City and Liberty. The event is a non-competitive showcase of local marching bands for audiences to enjoy, but it also allows the participating bands to see what fellow high school bands are doing.

The students agreed; they spent downtime between performances cheering with the other marching bands in the stands, namely City and Liberty.

“I think it was a really fun experience, it was definitely new, and I’m glad that we got to see how other schools’ marching bands perform,” said flute player Callie Gao ’26.

The band performed their show “The Music of Michael Jackson” at 7:00 p.m.

Anna Greenlee
Anna Greenlee, Design, Entertainment and Opinion Editor
Anna Greenlee is a junior in her second year on staff. She's taking on three editor positions on top of her busy schedule with band, Theatre West and the Red Cross Club. When she has free time, she enjoys cooking and skiing.
Lea Abou Alaiwa
Lea Abou Alaiwa, Assistant Photo Editor and News Co-Editor
Lea Abou Alaiwa is a sophmore and this is her first year on staff. This year, she's broadcast's Assistant Photo Editor and News Co-Editor. When she's not in the newsroom working, you can find her either spending hours practicing trumpet or at Java fueling her caffeine addiction.
Colin Wehrle
Colin Wehrle, Print Photo Editor
Colin is a sophomore at West High and is excited for his first year on staff. This year, he serves as the Photo Editor for the print edition of the West Side Story. When he's not fidgeting with a camera, you can find him running cross country or track, playing saxophone in West High's numerous ensembles or relaxing at the Java House.
Gianna Liu
Gianna Liu, Print Co-Editor-in-Chief
Gianna Liu is a senior at West High. This is her third year on staff and she is the Print Co-Editor-in-Chief. When Gianna isn't busy taking photos or writing the next big story, you can find her bouncing a volleyball on the 10-foot line, watching the newest kdrama, walking 10,000 steps and volunteering.
$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000