• No school Friday-teacher make-up day
  • ISASPS Tuesday and Wednesday
  • Girls soccer vs. Jefferson @home-Tuesday (postponed due to weather)
  • Walk it out next Saturday-North band room

Ivy
Ivy Hendrickson
Yearbook Copy Editor

(she/her) Ivy is a junior and this is her second year on staff. This is her first year as the Copy Editor. In her free time she enjoys reading, hiking and running cross country.

“Knee’s are Bruised, Hearts are Broken”: A look at almost, Maine

Ever pass by the theater call board at school or go see a local musical and go, “Wow, that looks like a lot of fun, I’d like to do that,” but you would never audition because you have no idea what the show is about? Well fear no more, for I will save the day with information on our upcoming Spring Play, Almost, Maine.

Almost, Maine written by John Cariani, tells nine short stories of love, whether it’s lost, found, or forgotten, taking place in the small, fictional town of Almost, Maine. The stories, though, are not your typical love stories. They all offer their own fantastical twist. “On a cold, clear moonless night in the middle of winter, all is not quite what it seems in the remote, mythical town of Almost, Maine. As the northern lights hover in the star-filled sky above, Almost’s residents find themselves falling in and out of love in unexpected and often hilarious ways. Knees are bruised. Hearts are broken. But the bruises heal, and the hearts mend—almost—in this delightful midwinter night’s dream,” the play website states as a synopsis and brief description of the story.

The stories go as follows: The Prologue, a story of knowing what’s far and whats really near with characters Pete and Ginnete, a couple who have been dating for a long time; Her Heart, a story that teaches the lesson that every broken heart can be mended, no matter what it has endured, with characters Glory, a hiker, and East, a repairman; Sad and Glad, an emotional tale of heart break and knowing that even if someone leaves you, it only means you haven’t found the right one yet with characters Jimmy, Sandrine, and a Waitress; This Hurts, the story of Marvelyn, a woman who is really good at protecting herself, and Steve, a man who can feel no pain; Getting it Back, the story of the serious couple of Gayle and Lendall, who are just breaking up and want their love returned teaching the ultimate lesson that do as you would have others do unto you; They Fell, the story of two best friends, Chad and Randy, who end up falling head over heals for each other…. Literally; Where it Went the story of Phil and Marci, a hardworking couple, teaching the lesson that everyone forgets or misplaces things, whether it’s your shoe or love, someday you’ll find it; Story of Hope, the story of, well, Hope, a woman who has traveled the world just to see someone, and a man who has not; Seeing the Thing, teaching the lesson through Rhonda, a tough woman, and Dave, a not so tough man that loves her, that sometimes you have to step back to see what’s really going on; and finally, the Epilogue which brings us back to the story of Pete and Ginnette reuniting!

Want to audition? Auditions are February 7th, 8th, and 9th. Mrs. Peters, the director of the show, encourages all levels of experience to audition. If you have any questions you can see her in room 114. Auditions will consist of cold-readings and copies of the script will be available for read-through the first week in February.

View Comments (2)
$1400
$1000

$1400
$1000

Comments are Closed.
Activate Search