Airi Thompson 24
Airi Thompson
Assistant News Editor

This is Airi's first year on staff, they are a senior. They are super excited to be this year's Assistant News Editor.

October 25 Sounds of the Stadium band concert

Over 290 students take the stage to perform one of the largest and loudest concerts of the year on October 25. Directors Rob Medd and Rich Medd hold the Sounds of the Stadium band concert  every year to play through all the marching/pep band music and to mark the end to the marching season.

The night started off with the drumline, performing many catchy cadences which caused a few band members to stand up and dance. Then it was on to pre-game music, including Tribute to Troy followed by the Trojan Fight Song and Star Spangled Banner.

The concert continued with popular and familiar songs such as NFL on FoxForget You, Crazy Train, You Can Call Me Al, I Love Rock and Roll and Thriller. Next was Sweet Caroline, during which the drum majors wore their Live Like Line shirts over their uniform.

Soon, The Stripper was played, and was accompanied by a few junior and senior boys who performed a dance to go along with the song. There were many laughs from the audience as they watched the humorous dance.

Don’t Stop Believin’ and Hey Jude followed. During Hey Jude, the marching band sang along and had some fun horn visuals as well.

Next, Soul Bossa Nova was performed, accompanied by the North Central band and the Northwest 8th Grade band. Adding the other two bands increased the sound dramatically, and there were so many students that the junior high bands had to stand in front of the stage.

There was a break in the playing to enjoy a slide show with several pictures from the marching season. Some silly, some touching, but every picture received so much screaming that it was hard to tell what song was being played in the background. Following the slide show, the drum majors gave speeches thanking the Medds and Lucas Petersen and Tessa Welterlen, the assistant director and student teacher, for various things they did to help the band.

The concert concluded with the half time music. Proud Mary and Jockamo were played, then The Safety Dance. Toward the end of the song, every band member stood up to do a choreographed dance, along with more horn visuals. After the song was over, the marching band walked off the stage to more drumline cadences, and headed to the cafeteria where refreshments were served. Even though most thought they would be deaf afterwards, a fun night was had by all.

View Comments (4)
$1400
$1000

$1400
$1000