West Side Radio: The Me Too movement’s impact on the U.S. Humanities curriculum

In this episode, WSS staffers Jessica Doyle '19 and Harry Westergaard '19 talk with English teachers John Boylan and Tom Lindsey about how the Me Too movement has impacted the material they cover in their U.S. Humanities classes.

Back to Article
Back to Article

English teachers John Boylan and Tom Lindsey talk about how the Me Too movement has impacted the material they cover in their U.S. Humanities classes.

In the midst of the Me Too movement, actor Dustin Hoffman was accused by multiple women of committing sexual misconduct over the years. He starred in the films “Death of a Salesman” and “The Graduate,” both of which are studied in U.S. Humanities classes at West High. The allegations against Hoffman caused English teachers John Boylan and Tom Lindsey to question the appropriateness for censorship in the material they teach.

About the Writers
Jessica Doyle, Podcast Editor

Jessica is a senior at West High and is enjoying her third year on staff. Though not a baller, she truly excels when it comes to taking the mic at karaoke...

Harry Westergaard, Arts Editor, Co-Copy Editor

Harry Westergaard is a senior at West High and this is his third year on staff. He does a little bit of everything on staff, working primarily as the Arts...