Tiffany D. Jackson visits West High students

Author Tiffany D. Jackson visited West High on March 27.

Audrey Parrish, Copy Editor

Author Tiffany D. Jackson visited West High on March 27, 2023. Sponsored by the West High library, Jackson was set up in the Little Theater and spoke to students throughout the day. Opening with an introduction from librarian Jill Hofmokel, Jackson explained her journey to becoming an author. 

Born in Brooklyn, New York, Jackson knew she wanted to be an author from age four. With incredibly supportive parents, who “always knew I wanted to be an author”, Jackson eventually graduated from Howard University with a master’s in media. Before she began seriously writing novels, Jackson worked in TV and film for 15 years. From National Geographic to BBC America, she has worked for many varying companies. 

While working in film, she was constantly writing. Early in the morning, on the subway to work, in meetings and backstage at concerts, Jackson was consumed by writing. As a result, her first book “Allegedly” was born. After this anecdote, Jackson dove into “Tiffany’s Super Secret Creative Writing Process!!!”, where she explained the intricacies of her book-writing process and went into the premises of all of her published work.  

After Jackson’s presentation concluded, she took questions from a panel of West High students. 

You can find Jackson @Writeinbk and at www.writeinbk.com