• Have a good summer Trojans!

Anna Song 25
Anna Song
Print Assistant Design Editor

(she/her) Anna Song is a junior at West High School and is excited for her second year on the West Side Story staff. This year she will be the assistant design editor on print staff. Outside the newsroom,...

West High Dance Team season starts

After a successful 2023-2024 season for the West High Dance Team their season starts again with tryouts.
Rachel Peterson
The 2024-2025 West High Dance Team poses for a photo after their first team meeting.

In the 2023-2024 season, the West High Dance Team welcomed a new head coach, Rachel Peterson. Under Peterson’s leadership, the team had a historic season, placing in the top five at State and making finals for the first time in four years at UDA (Universal Dance Association) Nationals. The season officially came to end after an end of year of banquet, then started up in full swing after holding tryouts in April. A total of 12 are on the team this year and there are a total of five new members on the team this year. Another new member of the program is Emily Sellner, as the new assistant coach. Emily is a graduate of Iowa State University and was a member of the Iowa State University Dance team. The team will start practicing in the summer, in preparation for UDA summer camp and learning choreography for football games and competition routines. Make sure to follow @icwesthighdanceteam on Instagram to keep up with the team over the summer! 

West High Dance Team 2024-2025

Averi Bartlett ’25

Ava Moore ’25

Mariah Bruening ’26

Kayla Cariens ’26

Rachel Mundt ’26

Lily Schmid ’26

Hallei Praska ’26

Kesly Wilkinson ’26

Zoey Anderson ’28

Alexis Benford ’28

Elsie Harms ’28

PJ Schwartz ’28