Mrudani Ramkumar
Mrudani Ramkumar
Print News Editor

(she/her) Mrudani Ramkumar is a junior at West High and this is her second year on staff. Mrudani's the News Editor for the print edition. Outside the newsroom, she's part of the tennis team and plays...

West High Dance Team places in top twenty at UDA national competition in Orlando Florida

The West High Dance Team finished out their season at Nationals last weekend at the ESPN sport complex in Disney World.
Rachel Peterson
The West High Dance Team smiles for a picture after making it to the final round at UDA Nationals.

After a very successful season, the West High Dance team ended their season with even more success, making finals at the UDA high school national competition. UDA nationals has three rounds, prelims, semifinals and finals. If a team makes it to the finals, they dance in a different arena in front of a castle background. West High’s dance team has not made finals since the 2019 nationals, and a big goal for the team this year was to make finals. 

Results:

Small Varsity Jazz: Jazz made finals, and placed 18th with a score of 85.0625.

Small Varsity Pom: Pom did not make it past the prelim round and scored 80.6667.