Homecoming spirit week announcements

With homecoming merely a week away, information on the annual festivities have been released.

Paige Albright, Managing Co-Editor, Podcast Editor

With the Homecoming dance almost a week away, Student Government has announced many updates for next week’s spirit week:

Monday: Comfy day, wear your favorite cozy day clothes to school.

Tuesday: T-shirt signing day, students are asked to dress in a white shirt and carry a sharpie around for fellow classmates to sign their shirts. The student with the most signatures by the end of the school day will win a prize. T-shirts will be for sale before school Tuesday for any who forgot them at home.

Wednesday: Anything but a backpack day, bring any sort of (school appropriate, no living beings) object to replace your backpack for the day.

Thursday: Throwback Thursday, come dressed in any fashion trend from the past. Annual Trojan Games will take place the evening of Thursday the 22nd, the game options are the CIC basketball game at 5:45 in the main gym, the Volleyball game at 6:30 in the south gym and finally Trojan Flag football on the football field at 8:45. All students are welcome to come to support Juniors and Seniors who are participating in these events.

Friday: Green and gold day, upperclassmen are asked to wear green and underclassmen to wear gold. The homecoming pep assembly will take place at 10:15 in the main gym. The homecoming football game will take place at Trojan Field at 7:15 pm Friday evening, battling cross-town rival City High to the infamous “Boot” trophy.  Seniors are welcome to take place in the paint throw before the game.

Saturday: Day of the Dance, this year’s theme is “Starry Night”. The dance will take place in the West High gyms from 7-10 pm.