Ashlyn Brady 25
Ashlyn Brady
Features Editor

(she/her) Ashlyn is a junior and this is her second year on staff. She is the Feature Editor for the website this year. When she's not in the newsroom, you can find her curled up with a good book, hanging...

Fashion Friday: Ms. Burger

You’ve probably seen Ms. Burger’s sparkly shoes and brightly colored pants as you walked through the bottom floor hallway. Run your cursor over the picture or read more to see more about what she has to say about her style.

WSS: How would you describe your fashion?
Ms. Burger: Well I like clothes that are fun sparkly bright colors form fitting things that show my personality kind of like the [Owlgomi] necklace.

WSS: What is your favorite item in your closet?
PB: I have lots, my favorite shoes would be my sparkly Sperry’s, my favorite pants I have some actually I have three pairs of bright yellow pants. I love yellow, bright neon yellow. I can’t pick one favorite. I try to really love everything I wear…if you don’t love it, it doesn’t make you feel good why wear it?

WSS: What is your go to outfit?
PB: I don’t have a go to outfit I wear something different [everyday], I rarely repeat, no I don’t have a go-to outfit for school. I try very hard not to repeat. Now I have go to outfits on like Saturday if I am going to go somewhere jeans and a t-shirt or jeans and a decent looking comfortable sweater since I dress nice every day for school I’ll just throw on jeans.

WSS: Where are your favorite places to shop?
PB: The Gap, I mean I will shop anywhere to be honest anywhere I mean I have clothes from K-Mart but my favorite would be The Gap that’s number one because their pants fit me, those are the only clothes that I order online because I know that the size that I buy is always that size. [I also shop at] Dillards.

WSS: How does your style represent your personality?
PB: Well I like to think I’m not a boring person, I am hyper I don’t like to sit still I like to have fun I like to make stupid jokes. So I think the bright sparkly fun clothes show that about me. And the fact that I have to always match, always always have to match, the eyeshadow the jewelry the shoes. I don’t know if that’s a positive or negative of my personality but that is the way it is”

WSS: How did you get interested in fashion?
PB: I think I was just born to it, my mother was not into fashion but my mother was an expert sewer so I learned to sew from her so I always made my own clothes until the last couple of years, I can’t see well enough any more. My father tho my father was the one that was really into fashion. He had golf outfits that all matched, he’d wear, we are talking 40 years ago, he had Knickers and he had shirts that matched his Knickers and hats to go with the Knickers and he had more shoes in his closet than my mother did, I probably take after him more in that plus I take after him more in his personality. I suppose he’s my hero in a lot of ways.

$1400
$1000

$1400
$1000

Fashion Friday: Ms. Burger