• Have a good summer Trojans!

Minna Abdulla 26
Minna Abdalla
Assistant Sports Editor

(she/her) Minna is a sophomore at West High and this is her first year on staff. Her job title on staff is assistant sports editor. In her free time she likes to go bike rides, play soccer and hang out...

“The Futon”: a senior farewell

Listen to WSS seniors look back on their last four years in this installment of The Futon.

The graduating class of 2024 had a whirlwind start full of isolation and uncertainty. The hybrid schedule, mask regulations and quarantines may not have been much fun at the time, but they make for great stories now. Tune into the latest episode of the classic West Side Story podcast, The Futon, to hear the highlight reel of five seniors differing high school careers. From senior assassin betrayals to football game etiquette, these seniors have been through it all right here in the halls of West High. 

Join seniors Elena Garcia Van Auken, Eleanor Weitz, Jules Keranen, Zaira Ahmad and Zoe Smith as they recount their days from COVID lockdowns in freshman year to sitting front row at football games senior year.

“I hated junior year so much I decided to graduate early,” said guest Elena Garcia Van Auken ’24.

You’re not going to want to miss it! Click the link to hear even more funny stories and weird experiences from a few seasoned students.