Caroline Found’s legacy lives on

Every year the volleyball team hosts the Caroline Found tournament. This tournament is in memorial of Caroline Found, in addition to several other events and awards hosted in her memory.

Ellie Gretter, Sports Editor

Caroline Found was a stellar athlete and leader at West and her positive ideals were influential to everyone she crossed paths with. Found’s legacy lives on through a tournament dedicated to her, and inspires all who participate.

“I think [the tournament] is really special because it is a gift to contribute [to Caroline]. I think it’s really nice that we represent Caroline Found and representing her is really special to us,” Colby Greene ‘18 said.

The Trojans placed second in the tournament defeating Waterloo Columbus in the first match, Mediapolis, Cedar Rapids Washington. Waterloo Columbus rallied in the last match and edged out the Women of Troy with a match score of 2-1.

“I think they’ve done pretty well. We’ve had some obstacles to overcome a little bit with the lineup. We’ve got some kids back now so we’re gonna adjust to that and move forward,” volleyball coach Scott Sanders said.

The Women of Troy have a season record of 12-6 and are ranked eighth in the state by the Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union.

Although the team did finish second, they were not satisfied. West will return home on September 19 to play Xavier, after making needed adjustments to their passing, according to Sanders.