ICCSD changes West High graduation date

The Class of 2022 graduation dates have been changed to reflect the new district calendar.

Alyson Kuennen

The graduating Class of 2017, the second graduating class for which Dr. Shoultz was the principal. (File Photo)

Misha Canin, Print Managing Editor and Business Co-Editor

The West Class of 2022 was notified via email on Oct. 24 that graduation had been misscheduled on the district calendar. The original graduation date of Saturday, May 28 has been changed to Sunday, May 29. The ceremony will still be held at Xtream Arena in Coralville.

The email sent to students and families read as follows –

“The date and time West was originally given for graduation was incorrect. The graduation ceremony for the West Class of 2022 will be held at Xtream Arena on Sunday, May 29, 2022 at 7:00 PM.”

The reason for this mistake is due to the recent change in the district calendar to include major religious holidays. The incorrect graduation information was a result of an older version of this calendar accidentally being published. The since-updated calendar has the correct dates and can be found on the district website.

City High’s graduation ceremony will now be held on Saturday, May 28, and Liberty’s will be held the morning of Sunday, May 29.

If anyone has any further questions or is in need of other assistance they should contact Mitch Gross at [email protected].