Eleanor Weitz 24
Eleanor Weitz
Managing Editor

(she/her) Eleanor is a senior and this is her third year on staff. This year, she's the managing editor for the online newspaper. In her free time, she enjoys reading, hanging out with friends and going...

G!World club faces changes in the 2023-24 school year

G!World will be meeting at the Pheasant Ridge Neighborhood Center on Thursdays from 3:30-4:30 and separating themselves from West High.

Background:

G!World is a club that aims to empower and support minority young women in their future careers. Junior high and high school girls can join this club for help with their schoolwork and determining their path forward. In G!World meetings there are interesting speakers and fun activities every week. A popular service they provide is tutoring for students who need help with their classes.

Updates:

In the past, G!World has been a club at West High meeting after school. This year, the organization is not running a club at West. This could change but this is the plan currently. They are planning on focusing more on the community as a whole. West students will still be able to join G!World in their meetings at the Pheasant Ridge. Wesal Haroun ’24 was an active member of the West High G!World club last year. She says that the organization re-starting the West club is still up in the air.

“[The organizers] said that they might keep it and will let me know if they do,” Haroun said.

Meeting Information:

Even though the club will no longer take place at West High, there will be meetings at the Pheasant Ridge on Thursdays from 3:30-4:30 for middle school and high school girls. There will be snacks provided and fun activities. Call Lashay-Holloway at (319) 259-9914 to arrange for transportation.