• Finals week this week
  • Spain and France trips leave next week
  • Girls soccer meeting- March 6th

Maya Mueller 26
Maya Mueller
FOJ Intern

(She/her) Maya Mueller is a sophomore at West High. This is her first year doing journalism and she is an intern. Outside of school, she enjoys reading, going on walks, napping and spending time with family...

University of Northern Iowa orchestra concert

The West High School Chamber Orchestra played with the University of Northern Iowa Symphony Orchestra in a concert Feb. 6.
The+West+High+Chamber+Orchestra+in+their+rehearsal+with+Director+Jonathon+Welch.+
Mrudani Ramkumar
The West High Chamber Orchestra in their rehearsal with Director Jonathon Welch.

On Tuesday, Feb. 6, students from the West High School Chamber Orchestra traveled to the University of Northern Iowa to perform with their Symphony Orchestra. The Chamber Orchestra left during school hours to  rehearse with Dr. Erik Rhoade, the conductor of the Northern Iowa Symphony Orchestra. The Late Winter Concert, presented by the Northern Iowa Symphony Orchestra, started at 7:30 pm at the Gallagher Bludedorn Performing Arts Center. The West High Chamber Orchestra started the concert with “Festliche Musik ” by Hermann Schroeder, and then played a combined piece with the Strings of the UNI Symphony Orchestra “Musica Celestia” by Aaron Jay Kernis. To end the night, the UNI Symphony Orchestra played “Romeo and Juliet” by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.