Maryn
Maryn Reimers
Yearbook Social Media Editor

(she/her) Maryn is the social media editor and this is her third year on the Trojan Epic staff. She enjoys being on the dance team, swimming and reading.

University of Northern Iowa orchestra concert

The West High School Chamber Orchestra played with the University of Northern Iowa Symphony Orchestra in a concert Feb. 6.
The+West+High+Chamber+Orchestra+in+their+rehearsal+with+Director+Jonathon+Welch.+
Mrudani Ramkumar
The West High Chamber Orchestra in their rehearsal with Director Jonathon Welch.

On Tuesday, Feb. 6, students from the West High School Chamber Orchestra traveled to the University of Northern Iowa to perform with their Symphony Orchestra. The Chamber Orchestra left during school hours to  rehearse with Dr. Erik Rhoade, the conductor of the Northern Iowa Symphony Orchestra. The Late Winter Concert, presented by the Northern Iowa Symphony Orchestra, started at 7:30 pm at the Gallagher Bludedorn Performing Arts Center. The West High Chamber Orchestra started the concert with “Festliche Musik ” by Hermann Schroeder, and then played a combined piece with the Strings of the UNI Symphony Orchestra “Musica Celestia” by Aaron Jay Kernis. To end the night, the UNI Symphony Orchestra played “Romeo and Juliet” by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.