West High Bowling team takes home a win against undefeated Cedar Falls

West High boys varsity takes home a victory against Cedar Falls’ undefeated bowling team. West High girls varsity falls short of victory against the nearly undefeated Cedar Falls team.
Davis Nepple
Nathan Heenan ’24 winds up his bowl using a two-hand method.

In a head-to-head with Cedar Falls at Colonial Lanes on Dec. 18, the West High boys varsity bowling team took home a victory. Unfortunately, the girls varsity team fell to the nearly undefeated Cedar Falls team.

Seniors Jack Dorale and Hunter MacDonald led the boys varsity team, 2-2, with a series of 509 and 444, respectively. Both were high series for the team, with Dorale’s 509 being the highest of both Cedar Falls and West this season. Against Cedar Falls, 4-0, West was able to top Cedar Falls’ score of 3,023 with a score of 3,137. Leading Cedar Falls was Jackson Satterlee, with a score of 424. Two days prior, Cedar Falls placed first among 22 teams in the state, including West High.

Junior Rachel Wombacher-Hess led the girls varsity team, 0-4, with a combined 2-game series score of 293, a new personal high series. Unfortunately for West, Cedar Falls, 3-1, has continued to increase its number of wins with a total of 2291 against West’s 1961. Leading Cedar Falls was Maggie Goodwin, with a combined series of 376.

You can catch the West Bowling team’s next home meet on Jan. 19 at Colonial Lanes.