• Walk it out- Saturday in Auditorium
  • Girls soccer vs. Wash- Tuesday @home
  • Drake Relays this weekend- Drake Stadium
  • Class president elections later this week
  • Choir trip to Chicago- Thursday-Saturday

Jules Keranen
Jules Keranen
Entertainment Editor

(they/them) Jules is a senior and this is their second year on the West Side Story. They are the entertainment editor for the online publication. After school they spend most of the time with their cat,...

Mic’d Up: Trobotix home meet

Follow along with Trobotix as they compete at their last meet before the league tournament in January.

On Dec. 16 this past weekend, Trobotix took to the field in West High’s cafeteria. For the first time since 2019, Trobotix hosted a league meet and brought together 13 teams from the Horace Pippin League, featuring Liberty High’s 22064 ThunderBots and City High’s 8743 Raw Bacon. They spent weeks in advance designing the layout, picking concessions and finding volunteers to run the concession stand. Robot-wise, Trobotix is still playing strong with their prototype bot from the beginning of the season, but plan to have a new and improved robot for the league tournament coming up in January.

Trobotix performed well at the meet, only losing two out of six matches and maintaining their overall league ranking of fourth place out of 19 teams.

Game Terminology 

Autonomous: The 30 seconds at the beginning of the match where the robot moves solely according to its program, fully independent of human input. Robots can score game elements and park.

Tele-Op: The main part of the match. Two minutes of robots scoring game elements, controlled by the drivers.

Endgame: The last 30 seconds of the match when robots can launch their paper airplane, hang on the truss bar, keep scoring pixels, and park.