Henry Timmer-Hackert
Henry Timmer-Hackert
Print Assistant Opinion Editor

(He/him) Henry is a sophomore at West High and ready for his first year on staff. He's the assistant opinion editor for the paper. Outside of West Side Story Henry runs with the cross country and track...

West BPA hosts annual pancake breakfast

Students enjoyed homemade pancakes and crafted tie blankets for charity.

As the weather gets chillier and winter break approaches, West’s local chapter of Business Professionals of America (BPA), a student-led organization that competes in workplace skills assessment events, is getting into the festive spirit with their yearly tradition of a pancake breakfast and tie blanket philanthropy. 

The chapter celebrated its last meeting before school break with an annual pancake breakfast in the school cafeteria Dec. 19. Executive board members coordinated the event, which involved reserving the cafeteria, supplying the ingredients and distributing the food. They served over 70 members and cooked a variety of pancakes, experimenting with chocolate chips, bananas and more. After students grabbed their food, they were met with a toppings bar that included whipped cream, sprinkles and maple syrup.

Dillon Croco ’24, West’s chapter president, notes the warm environment and cheer the meeting brings.

“I just think it has a really festive vibe,” Croco said. “It’s a good way for the chapter to come together and celebrate a good year of work, and I really like making pancakes.”

This isn’t the only activity that has been keeping West BPA involved in community building over the past few weeks. Members got into the giving spirit and made tie blankets for charity Dec. 12. The club donated over 40 blankets to Salvation Army and the West High community for those in need.