Wesal Haroun
Wesal Haroun
Yearbook Co-Editor-in-Chief

(she/her) Wesal Haroun is a senior at West High and this is her third year on staff. She is the Trojan Epic Yearbook Co-Editor-in-Chief. In addition to photography and design, she likes to hang out with...

Northwest Junior High choirs join West Choirs in Mid-Winter Concert

West Choirs performed in the annual Mid-Winter Concert in the Arganbright Auditorium Feb. 20.
McKenna Stephens
West Singers perform “Gabriel’s Oboe” with Tessera Rippentrop ’24 playing the cello and Leslie Hyland playing the oboe.

With the second trimester coming to an end, West Choirs hosted their annual Mid-Winter Concert featuring choirs from both West and Northwest Junior High. The concert took place in the Arganbright Auditorium Feb. 20 and was filled with performances of popular songs, from Barbie’s “I’m Just Ken” to Joni Mitchell’s “Both Sides Now.”

The night kicked off with West Treble choir’s set where they performed “Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again” by Andrew Lloyd Webber. Bass Choir followed up with “I’m Just Ken” from Barbie and “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond. 

Following the two high school performances, NorthWest Junior High’s 7th Grade Treble Choir took the stage with “Crayola Doesn’t Make A Color For Your Eyes” by Kristin Andreassen. 7th and 8th Grade Bass Choir followed up with “Go The Distance” by Michael Bolton and Walt Disney. The 8th Grade Treble Choir ended the junior high performances with “Thank You For The Music” by ABBA featuring soloist ’28 Alexis Benford. 

The audience then welcomed Virtuosa onto the stage with their performance of “Both Sides Now” by Jonni Mitchell featuring soloists ’26 Greta Gromacki and ’24 Sierra Bertelli and “When Will My Life Begin” from Disney’s Tangled. Finally, West Singers ended the show with “Swing Low, Sail High” with soloists Lexie Vogt ’24, Allison Reed ’25 and Addison Cribbs ’25, along with Emily Vogt ’24, Andreas Warren ’24 and Xion Owens-Holst ’24 playing guitar. 

If you missed this concert, you can catch more performances by West High’s choirs at their Spring Choral Concert May 9.