Tessa Gibson 24
Tessa Gibson
Profiles Editor

(she/her) Tessa is a senior this year and this is her 3rd year on staff. She is the profiles editor and one of the social media editors. She loves reality tv shows and ice cream.

West Choirs perform first concerts of the year

West Choirs performed at the Voxman Music Building and Arganbright Auditorium to kick-off their year of concerts.
Student+teacher+Rishi+Wagle+conducts+Treble+and+Base+Choirs+as+they+perform+the+first+song+of+the+evening.++
McKenna Stephens
Student teacher Rishi Wagle conducts Treble and Base Choirs as they perform the first song of the evening.

West Choirs students had the opportunity to perform at the University of Iowa Voxman Music Building Oct. 10. West Singers sang “Stomp On the Fire” and “Down by the Riverside” while Virtuosa sang “Dance” and “One Voice.” Choirs from both City High and Liberty High also performed at the concert as well as three choirs from the University of Iowa. Each choir performed two pieces, and to conclude the show, all of them sang “America the Beautiful” together and filled the auditorium.

Following their performance at Voxman, West Choirs hosted their own concert in the Arganbright Auditorium titled “Give Us Hope” Oct. 12. Four of West’s choral choirs performed, starting with Bass and Treble Choir singing “Give Us Hope.” Treble choir then performed “Call Your Girlfriend.” Bass performed their set with songs “Jonah!” and “I Want it That Way,” showing off their sunglasses with a pose to end the song. Virtuosa then presented their set including “Dance” and “One Voice” and West Singers followed up with “Stomp on the Fire,” “Through Love to Light” and “Way Over in Beulah Land.” To end the night, all four choirs performed “Down by the Riverside” with guest conductor Stacy V. Gibbs, who also arranged the piece.

West Choirs will host their next concert with West Orchestras at their annual Choral Orchestral Concert Dec. 14.