• Walk it out- Saturday in Auditorium
  • Girls soccer vs. Wash- Tuesday @home
  • Drake Relays this weekend- Drake Stadium
  • Class president elections later this week
  • Choir trip to Chicago- Thursday-Saturday

Maddy Cook 26
Maddy Cook
Reporter

(She/her) Maddy is a sophomore and this is her first year on staff as a reporter. She dances at the National Dance Academy and is on the West High Dance Team. In her free time, she likes to read, listen...

A catalyst for change: Coralville Community Food Pantry global community meal

The Coralville Community Food Pantry returns with its annual global community meal.

The Coralville Food Pantry (CCFP) hosted the annual Global Community Meal at the Coralville Public Library on Friday, March 22. This remarkable event brought together people from diverse backgrounds to share traditional foods and experiences. Hundreds of free meals were served to community members.

In addition to providing free food, the pantry offered valuable free services, including COVID-19 vaccines and flu shots. Mariam Girls Club (MGC) contributed to the event by volunteering to serve and share Middle Eastern cuisine, as well as provide engaging activities like glitter tattoos. Coralville Ambassadors Samira Abdalla and Rehab Karar added to the festivities by offering henna and coloring books for all. Entertainment was a highlight of the event, with music performances by talented West High students Ashleigh Topp ’27 and Shannon Chen ’27, Thomas Gibson ’25, Tiff Lieberman ’25, Xion Owens-Holst ’24 and Carly Ephraim ’24, delighting the audience.

To ensure accessibility to the event, the City of Coralville provided transportation with a city bus and bilingual staff proficient in Spanish and French, facilitating participation for all members of the community.

The Global Community Meal brings together individuals from across Coralville to celebrate diversity, enjoy delicious food, and build meaningful connections. The success of the event couldn’t have been possible without volunteers. The Coralville Community Food Pantry always appreciates a helping hand. For more information on how to volunteer, visit their website