• Boys soccer vs. City @ Iowa Soccer Complex- Wednesday @ 7
  • State track and field @ Drake- May 16-18
  • Seniors last day-May 30
  • Graduation- June 2 @1- Xtreme Arena

The Trojans headed to Drake Stadium for the annual Drake Relays April 26-27. Check out the link below for full recap and photos.

The girls' soccer team showed their offensive power in a statement win over Cedar Rapids Washington. Check out the link below for full recap and photos.

The track and field teams competed at City for the 51st Forewald-Coleman Relays April 18. Check out the link below for full recap.

The Trojan track and field teams competed at the Eastern Iowa Track and Field Festival April 13, posting several Blue Oval Standards. Check out the link below for full story and photos.

Load More

West tennis teams defeat City in annual doubleheader

West dominated May 1 in the annual doubleheader against cross-town rival City High.

Both the girls and boys tennis teams traveled down the road to the Hawkeye Tennis and Recreation Complex (HTRC) to compete against City High May 1. The match had originally been scheduled for April 18, but was rescheduled due to rain. However, both teams came prepared to continue their winning records (10-2 for the boys and 9-3 for the girls) by securing wins against City High. 

The boys team dominated 9-0 against City, sweeping in both singles and doubles. 

Singles

1. Samir Singh ’24: 4-6, 6-2, 1-0 (10-5)
  2. Patrick Selby ’24: 6-0, 6-1
  3. Anthony Medina ’25: 6-1, 6-0
  4. Aaron Kang ’27: 6-0, 6-0
  5. Ankur Karandikar ’24: 6-0, 6-0
  6. Derek Hua ’25: 6-0, 6-0

Doubles

1. Selby/Singh: 6-0, 6-2
  2. Karandikar/Medina: 6-1, 6-3
  3. Hua/Kang: 6-0, 6-0

The girls team clinched their match in singles, ultimately securing a 7-2 win. 

Singles

1. Maggie Shin ’24: 6-2, 6-1
  2. Anna Vasi ’24: 6-0, 6-2
  3. Marie Stier ’25: 6-3, 6-2
  4. Delmira Jara ’24: 6-0, 3-6, 4-10
  5. Vismitha Vuppala ’24: 3-6, 6-0, 15-13
  6. Elsie Gross ’27: 6-2, 6-3

Doubles

1. Claire Hahn ’25/Stier: 6-1, 6-1
  2. Jara/Gross: 5-7, 6-2, 5-10
  3. Audrey Crawford ’26/Grace Wang ’27: 6-0, 6-0

After finishing doubles, the girls team celebrated senior night on the HTRC tennis courts. The team recognized four seniors — Jara, Shin, Vasi and Vuppala — awarding them with colorful bouquets and other gifts. 

Delmira Jara ’24 smiles as she recieves her senior recognition gift and flowers May 1. (Gianna Liu)

Both teams will return to the court May 3 to take on Cedar Rapids Prairie. The girls team will travel to Prairie, while the boys team will play on West’s home courts. The boys team will also be celebrating senior night May 3, recognizing Karandikar, Selby and Singh.