Charlotte
Charlotte Stephens
Yearbook Co Student Life Editor

(she/her) Charlotte is a sophomore at West High and this is her first year on staff. She is Co-Student-Life-Editor of the Yearbook. In her free time you can find her hanging out with friends or family,...

Student Government to raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness

On Oct. 25-27 to conclude spirit week, Student Government will be selling pink items to raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Student+Government+will+host+a+spirit+week+to+raise+money+for+Breast+Cancer+awareness+
Ashlyn Brady
Student Government will host a spirit week to raise money for Breast Cancer awareness

After a successful homecoming spirit week, the West High Student Government is hosting another spirit week, this time to raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The spirit week will begin on Monday, Oct. 23, and will include a variety of spirit days. The themes include student and teacher swap on Monday, twin or iconic duo on Tuesday, city vs. country on Wednesday, character or costume on Thursday and Barbie and Ken on Friday.

In addition to the themes of each day, members of Student Government will be selling pink merchandise on Wednesday, Oct. 25, through Friday, Oct. 27, in the commons to raise money for Team Breast Friends, an organization focused on supporting individuals who have been impacted by breast cancer.

Students can donate specific amounts to reach donation tiers and receive different types of merchandise.  If you donate $5 and under, you will receive Team Breast Friend merchandise, such as a silicon bracelet, pen, chapstick, and sunglasses. If you donate $5-14.99 you will additionally receive a pink bandana to wear on Barbie and Ken day. If you donate $15-24 you will additionally receive pink heart sunglasses. If you donate $25+ you will receive all the previous tiers’ items and a pink cowboy hat. These items will be sold in the commons during lunch on Wednesday and Thursday and in the morning on Friday.

Donation tiers for Student Government’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month fundraiser (Ashlyn Brady)

Student Government, including president Cindy Wang ’24, who WSS communicated with through email, hopes to raise as much money as possible for breast cancer and Team Breast Friends. They also hope to surpass the approximate $1,200 that was raised during last year’s breast cancer awareness spirit week and fundraiser. They also hope that the Trojans will come together for this cause and increase the school spirit within the student body at West High.