Ashlyn Brady 25
Ashlyn Brady
Features Editor

(she/her) Ashlyn is a junior and this is her second year on staff. She is the Feature Editor for the website this year. When she's not in the newsroom, you can find her curled up with a good book, hanging...

Back-and-forth game ends in a loss for the Trojans on senior night

The Trojans battled from a 13-point deficit but couldn’t get the job done against Prairie Oct. 20.

The football team put up a good show Oct. 20 on senior night but couldn’t come up with the win, falling 45-38. The West High seniors from the cross country teams, dance team and cheer team were recognized before the game, as well as the football seniors.

West started at the 28-yard line after the kickoff, showing off a powerful run and pass game. However, the pass to the end zone was swatted away at the last second on 4th down to turnover the ball to Prairie.

West couldn’t get much going after a stop on defense, and Praire scored a touchdown. Prairie led West 7-0 at the end of the first quarter. After an interception, Prairie hit a hole and ran for a 53-yard touchdown. Shortly after, the Hawks got another big hole and rushed for a 91-yard touchdown.

Santana Miller ’24 got a 1-yard touchdown after a strong drive by the Trojans. After a 2-point conversion, the Trojans headed to the locker room with a 13-point deficit.

Prairie answered immediately at the start of the half, taking the opening kickoff for a touchdown. West answered with a 2-play drive, capped by a Jack Wallace ’25 to Izaiah Loveless ’24 touchdown pass.

After a West and Prairie touchdown, the Hawks were up with 1:50 left in the third quarter. Prairie gained momentum early in the fourth quarter, but West forced a field with 9:18 left. Another Wallace-Loveless connection got West a touchdown, putting West within 8 points of Prairie.

The teams went back and forth for the rest of the game, as each team got a touchdown, but West couldn’t complete the comeback, falling 45-38.