• Walk it out- Saturday in Auditorium
  • Girls soccer vs. Wash- Tuesday @home
  • Drake Relays this weekend- Drake Stadium
  • Class president elections later this week
  • Choir trip to Chicago- Thursday-Saturday

Athena Wu
Athena Wu
Print Entertainment Editor

(she/her) This is Athena's third year on the WSS print staff, and as a senior, their last year. She is entertainment editor, and enjoys all things satire, flair and unnecessary knick-knacks. This includes...

Student Government announces upcoming winter plans

Student Government has announced a student held fundraiser, a spirit week and the theme of this year’s winter formal.

The West High Student Government has announced big plans for this upcoming winter as we continue on with the second trimester. From a candy gram fundraiser and a spirit week to plans for this year’s winter formal, the student body will have multiple opportunities to increase the school spirit in the hallways of West High. 

Candy gram fundraiser

Want to send your friends some candy and a personalized message and give back this holiday season? From Dec. 11 through Dec. 15, members of Student Government will be selling candy grams before school and during all lunches. Monday through Wednesday, you can purchase candy grams in the commons starting at 8:30, and during all lunches on Thursday and Friday. Candy grams will be $1 and an additional personalized message will be $2. Purchased candy grams will be delivered during Advisory on Wednesday, Dec. 20. All proceeds will be donated to the Community Inclusion Club and to their winter gift drive.

Winter spirit week

To increase the spirit in the halls before winter break, Student Government will be holding a spirit week starting Monday, Dec. 18 through Dec. 22. The spirit week will include a variety of fun themes that students can participate in. Monday will be PJ Day and students will be allowed to bring a blanket or stuffed animal as well. Tuesday will be Flannel Day, Wednesday will be Winter Wonderland White Out Day and Thursday will be Rhyme Without a Reason Day. Friday, the final day before break will be Ugly Sweater Day.

Winter Formal

Announced on Dec. 8, Student Government will be hosting a winter formal after winter break on Jan. 20. The formal will be held from 7-10 pm in the West High South Gym. Tickets will cost $5, and students are required to have their IDs upon entry. More information about the winter formal is to be announced.